Ih 800 planter won't lower

We. Have a ih 800 8 row keldeman fold planter. I have it hooked to an 886. Today I went to plant and now the planter won't lower. I know it could be tractor hydraulic pressure but I was wondering if there was a way to check to solenoid to see if that is operating correctly? I also have marker issues. It doesn't always alternate sides when lifted. I have the waterway marker control for the planter. What should I look for?

Plug in the marker control box. Possibly the monitor also. I just plug in everything. Doesn;t work without it. ALSO make sure you don't have the locks on the cylinders...or angle iron or whatever you use to keep it from bleeding down.

Not likely. The 8 row is a really wide planter and transport...at least on mine, is an end transport with it's own cylinder and hoses. In field transport mode their are four cylinders and the planter came with two sleeves to put on the cylinder rams to assist in keeping the planter elevated if you have a drip. Given those are removed it is likely it just needs to be plugged in to the cab electronics.

Very important to have shiny clean connections on hot wire and ground wire for the marker box. After you have good connections, if it doesn't go down or markers work, shut the marker box off and start over as turning it off resets the box. When lifting the planter hold the lever in lift position for a second as it raises the pressure and helps the markers to reset. Pump out put might be low on your tractor, try a known good one.

Im having similar issues with my 900 12 row kelderman fold. I just bought mine, I replaced the plug ins on mine. Now it goes up and down. But im having marker arm issues. A local case ih mechanic said its the control module.
Which on mine controls tool bar height and the marker arms. As should it on ur 8 row. I cant spend the $1419 they want for it. im gonna double check my wires and keep that as a last resort.

Make sure your batteries and alternator are also up to snuff. I had a alternator going out years ago and the markers started acting up because of the low juice while planting. As the others have said make sure good clean connections and ground, both monitor and marker boxes hooked up. Check the solenoids for the markers to see if they are magnetizeing.

I have monitor power and ground hooked right to the battery. I will check to see if the ground for the marker harness is good. I am going to change the hydraulic filter and see if that helps.

Got it working. I cycled the marker box 2times and things are working now. Still lifts slow but that I'm sure is a tractor issue

More RPM's might be all it takes...or maybe you tried that. Check your fluid also. We are circling the same airport, you and I. I have the same planter. Started work on it last summer to get it ready for planting this Spring. Added end transport to mine...it never had it as the PO never left the farm with it. Sitting waiting for the ground to dry. Good luck with it.

open up the marker box and look inside. May be different on yours but on the 800-8 row it is a simple affair. You might be able to repair it yourself. If not search out for a company that repairs old electronics. They are out there if you search.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back