IH 800 planter hydraulic hose

johnemcn

Many IH 800 trailing planters use a single hydraulic hose to lift the planter and operate the markers. The hose is single braided instead of double. I'm wondering why IH used single; double is more common and probably stronger

Back when tractors were lower pressure hydraulics single was enough as pressures and volumes have increased so have the number of braid layers in the hoses. IHC was only getting to exceed the 2000 PSI mark about the time those planters were made so probably why the single wire hoses. I would just replace it with whatever I could get and not worry about it. Most hose now is 2 wire and made for the 2250-2500 tractors are. Some are hihger in the lase 15 years and will be over the 2750 mark.

There are single-wire hoses available that have working pressures of 3000 psi or more in 1/2 and smaller sizes. For these applications a double-wire hose would be an unnecessary expense and the reduced flexibility would also be a drawback.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back