Hi folks, THe pinion bearing went on my 46 baler. I spoke nicely to it and promised it new bearings and seals if it finished the 30 or so bales left in the field, which it did. If you ever have to pull that pinion housing out it is a nightmare. You have to dismantle the entire front of the baler frame to get it out. Anyway my question is does any one have any idea what the preload should be on the pinion bearings? Thanks, Karl
 
Karl
A 37 baler manual says the preload should be 25 to 35 inch pounds. I know alot of parts between the 37 and 46 will interchange so I would think they would be about the same. I can scan the pages about the gear box and send them to you if you want send me an email at [email protected].
Ronald
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top