IH cyclo 800

49moline

New User
Have a 800 cyclo 6-30in row planter and a tree fell and smashed the dry fertilizer bin, Anyone know where i mite be able to get one ?

Thanks,looked at Haukos bros web site and they do have 2 hole bins,but no 3 hole bins, was hoping to find something in Michigan but shipping is always an option, Thanks again

I'd give them a call as websites are not always complete in terms of information. Fry's might be another possibility in PA but I suspect 800 series might be on the new side for them plus they have gotten picky in terms of parts machines. Their phone 570-546-3968. What about Shoup MFG? The Mennonites parts a lot of things out around here but IH/Case IH planters are not one of them. I saw some 800 series planters go dirt cheap last year via auction so maybe you might want to wait until early next year and buy a parts unit.

Locally finding a complete planter at auction would be the cheap route. Anything older than a 1200 series wasnt so well liked here, and 400-800 series Especially are basically scrap iron prices. I hear the 800 makes a very nice bean planter, but they were not well received for corn here.

Ive never run one, and Im not trying to run down a certain color machine, just the local feelings on them.

Paul

Very few 800 planters here but when they debuted in 1980 that was the beginning of the farm down turn so not much sold then period. But they definitely did not have the selling power of JD or White around here. Kinze did not become popular until the 1990's here. The biggest problem with an 800 Cyclo is they do not get along with rocks at all. The distribution tubes sway distorting the seeding pattern and the closing wheels tend to hook rocks. Some guys just did not want to deal with an air planter and the 400 left a bad taste in some mouths in that respect. Having used a Cyclo I will say if everything is good to go with the field and planter they can match any other brand.

The 400 and 600 did not do well on hills. From what I heard.

We have lots of rolling hills here, and lots of rocks.

Paul

Call Joe Kolesar near Onaga KS his dad runs a Planter junkyard for the IH planters mostly air planters. I believe his address is an Onaga KS.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back