IH disc plow

DannyTN

New User
Brought home a disk plow today that the previous owner said was off a Farmall B. I planned to use it on my super C when fixed. When pulled from weeds it had 4 large disks instead of the 2 I expected. Disks are 25.25 inches and deep cupped and the furrow wheel is heavy steel with 3 weights . This looks like a lot of plow for a B or C. Could the man be wrong about what it came off of or can the B or C pull this plow?
 
All the shows ive seen aint never seen 4 discs on either a B or C two is more common. Your soil has to be light as in heavy soil they dont work good as a TEXAN told me.
 
Could you post a pic of the plow? I'd like to see on IH plow, I'm getting ready to pull a 3 bottom Case plow with 32" disk on it right now. Pulled 2 deep cup disk in sandy soil at 18-22" with a 1066 last year. Pulled fine in the sandier soil, but when you hit some tighter stuff it had traction problems even with water and PLENTY of wheel weights.
 
If it came off an A,B,or C it is not the disk plow that is equivalent to the more common moldboard. It is what is called a "tiller" or a "one way", takes less draft and has a wider cut than the usual plow. But, I have never seen one. And, I don't think IH ever made a true semi-mounted plow (moldboard equivalent) (in the late 40's early 50's) with more than 3 disks, that being the H/M 150. I am not talking about the plows that appeared in the late 50's etc. And if it fit a B, it will have to be modified to fit a C, the mounting points are completely different. I assume you mean semi-mount and not trailing, if you mean trailing, all bets are off.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top