IH Shift pattern

Farmnuts

New User

I have a 504 IH with two shifting levers. One on the left push forward and it goes forward. When you pull back it goes into reverse. The one on the right you push forward for park or first gear (not sure). It does nothing. So wonder what is the shifting pattern????

The laft lever is (obviously)a reverser. the other lever is like this. If yours will not allow this pattern to be followed, the top needs to come off to align the shift rails then reinstall. The tip of the lever may be worn, there are kits. to fix slop. Jim
cvphoto19175.jpg

R should be blocked and eliminated on a shuttle reverser model. Could you imagine the accident in reverse reverse? Likely why nothing happens in the forward left position.

Karl f

Worked on one once with the reverser. Don't think it was equipped with a reverse idler gear if I remember correct. Gear shift on right when moved to left and pushed forward would be the normal reverse without a reverser.

(quoted from post at 17:24:46 04/07/19) Worked on one once with the reverser. Don't think it was equipped with a reverse idler gear if I remember correct. Gear shift on right when moved to left and pushed forward would be the normal reverse without a reverser.
Slater is right. I have a 544 reverser and it doesn’t even have a reverse gear. If you push the shifter to that position it will do nothing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back