Injection pump issue John Deere

Fernest0

Hello! A guy I work with had someone rebuild his injection pump off his John Deere air compressor.(Im the truck mechanic where we work so he asked me after he couldnt fix it) It has a Roosa master injection pump. He gave him back all the old parts and this was in the box. Said he didnt need it.... well after he got the pump back on and timed, the engine wont shut down unless you block the air filter off or kill the fuel and it doesnt always want to start or stay running. Before it was rebuilt it shut down and ran fine.

Any ideas as to where this is supposed to go?
mvphoto58879.jpg

Thrust button goes in drive shaft end to keep the shaft drive tang engaged into hydraulic head rotor, it MUST be in place. Best replace the pump mechanic...

Ohh okay. Ive never had an injection pump apart. Would the pump have to come off and it goes on the side of the shaft that goes into the pump?

I think he already replaced the previously pump builder with me now :roll: :lol:

I looked at it the other day and I think there was a cover there. Had 2 or 3 bolts that held it in. Does it matter which way it goes in and what actually holds it inside the pump shaft?

Hey,
I just pulled and had the pump rebuilt for an old 2020 with a Rosa Master pump. That part goes in the pump shaft after the pump is reinstalled on the gear. Very easy to forget but it is definitely is needed. Take the small cover off the front cover and reinstall. You may have to pull the lower radiator hose off to get to it. Good Luck. John

(quoted from post at 10:58:48 07/23/20) Hey,
I just pulled and had the pump rebuilt for an old 2020 with a Rosa Master pump. That part goes in the pump shaft after the pump is reinstalled on the gear. Very easy to forget but it is definitely is needed. Take the small cover off the front cover and reinstall. You may have to pull the lower radiator hose off to get to it. Good Luck. John

I took a look at it today. Forgot the spring at work... It appears the pump shaft is a taper fit Into the gear. I still dont see what this piece does or how it would affect how the machine runs, but what do I know

The spring would go into a hole in the center of the shaft with the button running against the cover plate to keep the shaft pushed into the pump.

(quoted from post at 15:40:50 07/23/20)

The spring would go into a hole in the center of the shaft with the button running against the cover plate to keep the shaft pushed into the pump.

But the shaft has a nut on it and it bolted to the gear so where is the shaft going to go?

Is there a possibility its another part from inside the pump? Ill get pictures tomorrow

That gear only connects to the pump shaft. The pump housing provides the only bearing for it, they don't want the shaft wandering in and out of the pump or running out and wearing against the cover over the gear.

You didn't say what the engine model was so here are drawings from a 2030 (4219 engine) pump drive which is typical and likely the same as the one you are looking at. Spring in the shaft followed by the button so that the smooth end of the button touches the cover.

mvphoto58998.jpg

mvphoto58999.jpg

(quoted from post at 16:37:27 07/23/20)
That gear only connects to the pump shaft. The pump housing provides the only bearing for it, they don't want the shaft wandering in and out of the pump or running out and wearing against the cover over the gear.

You didn't say what the engine model was so here are drawings from a 2030 (4219 engine) pump drive which is typical and likely the same as the one you are looking at. Spring in the shaft followed by the button so that the smooth end of the button touches the cover.

mvphoto58998.jpg

mvphoto58999.jpg

Ohh okay It makes sense now! I wasnt thinking that the gear could walk with the shaft in it! Thank you for clairiftying that for me!!!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back