injection pump oil & volt or amp meter or idiot lights?

bc

Hello guys. Used the new to me ford 1500 tractor yesterday for an hour. Parked it and saw the gasket where the diesel injection pump bolts on was seeping a little oil. Figure I will pull the pump and put a new gasket on. Was looking at the pump and then read something about changing the oil in the pump. However nothing in the manuals talks about what kind of oil goes in one. So please help on the type of oil. I doubt that it takes hytran.

Also the tractor just has idiot lights and I'm not sure they even work. Was looking at a gauge panel to add that has the oil pressure, water temp, and voltage meter. Since I tend to overthink things, which my wife also tells me that all the time, I am wondering which is better, volt meter or amp meter?

My 2606 has an ammeter. When I think about it, the amp meter just tells me if it is charging or not. The volt meter will show the voltage condition of the battery as well as show a charge when the voltage jumps up after starting. If both are a good idea then I need to find a 4 gauge panel to add somewhere around the dash. Thanks.

I like having gauges, an ammeter, water temp and oil pressure. Voltmeter can replace ammeter, but I'm used to ammeters so it's not a big thing. Finding decent quality, affordable gauges is getting harder IMO these days.

When I diagnose a electrical system issue the first tool I pull out is a voltmeter... Folks will vote amp meter why I dunno, its not the first information you need to know to build a plan of attack...

The number one complaint my tractor will not crank if only we knew the voltage...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back