injector pump problems

Hello Animals, welcome to YT. Sorry if I pick on your writing a bit, but by literal interpretation your tractor made a call or some how initiated itself to get the injection pump repaired. When you pulled it off the timing marks should have been lined up in the little rectangular plate held on by two screws. Same when you installed it? Did this happen? If not it is out of time. If the place you had your pump repaired did not explain this they apparently are not lacking for customers. Filters need bled and as Leroy states, injection lines cracked loose at the injectors while cranking to bleed air off there. Then tighten them back up to get it to fire.

my 68 JD 3020 diesel had the injector pump repaired. Now it will not start.
Give some info on the procedure . It don’t make one iota of a difference how u take the pump off , but u need to
Make sure u have #1 on TDC on compression and the timing marks lined up on the engine , then install the pump and time the pump. What procedure have u done ? Pretty hard to answer a question with “it will not start. “

Give some info on the procedure . It don’t make one iota of a difference how u take the pump off , but u need to
Make sure u have #1 on TDC on compression and the timing marks lined up on the engine , then install the pump and time the pump. What procedure have u done ? Pretty hard to answer a question with “it will not start. “
A 3020 injection pump has an offset tang driven off of the top of the engine oil pump gear.

Unless the pump shop installed the pump driveshaft 180º "off" or the O.P. partially withdrew the shaft and mucked up it's position if the I.P. drops in place it's going to be "in time" as it was before

Thank y’all for the support. I have been trying to get my tractor started for a couple of days. I needed answers fast.
You should be telling us what u have done. Such as is the timing set to spec? Is the fuel system bled ? Is there fuel coming out the injector lines ?is there smoke coming out the exhaust when cranking the engine ? U have given us no info. If u are personally doing this job then u should be able to give answers. And help us help u. A person has no starting point here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back