International 300 utility

dspithaler

New User
Hi I am new to this group. I just bought an IH 300 Utility with 2000 hrs on it. Been checking things out and saw the tranny fluid looked a low & the manual said it took 28 qt with the differential. I saw the drain plug under the tranny & there is one under the differential. Should they both be drained & do you fill them both from the top of the tranny to get the 28 qt in. What is a good oil to use? The book lists hy tran oil. Where can you get it. Would Tractor Supply carry a good substitute? Thanks Bud

This post was edited by dspithaler on 08/09/2021 at 05:44 pm.

Both plugs drain the compartments. they fill from the common plug. The Hytran is critical for TA and Live PTO. The PTO fills separately and is not a
part of the draining of the other sumps. Using Hydraulic Transmission Fluid that meets the Specifications for HyTran, is OK but must be on the label!!
It is not the cheap stuff at all. Jim

My dealer has Hy Tranes in bulk,take clean buckets save a lot over buy a jug from them. I think they said $84.00 for 5 gal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back