International 435

Evening everyone!
To start things off I have in my possession a new to me 435 international out in the shed. Came to me at the right price, which was free. My wife s great grandmothers boyfriend basically had owned it, he and her great grandmother recently passed on and my wife s grandfather gave it to me because I ll use it. They had a whole line up of old equipment and that 435 was by far the most modern. Just tinkered with stuff mostly, this baler was last used ~5 years ago after they were done thrashing the front five acres. After that it was parked in the woods. Well a couple weeks ago we drug it out and I brought it home. Went through the baler, greased everything, pulled the old twine out (cleaned out the mouse nest in the old twine bales), and got it to the point I could hook it up and run it. Now finally tonight I ran new twine in it, cut open a round bale and hand fed it to make sure the knotters would work. Tie missed on the first bale, no surprise there, but then consecutively tied. I was bouncing back and fourth from feeding hay to the back to check knots and bales, my wife sat on the tractor as a precaution. First couple bales were nice and square. Next few bales were popping the twine about an inch after the knot on the right hand knotter. All but the first two or three bales were banana bales, the left side of the bale being the short side. Now my question is, is the banana bales and blowing twine on the right side an issue derived from non uniform feeding due to me not being able to mock a uniform windrow? Or is it a tension thing that will be easier to set when I m in the field and running actual windrows through it? Or is it a knotter timing issue that one side of the bale is shorter (I don t believe this is the problem because both sides are tying knots). I just want to figure it out so when I make my last crop of hay in the next few weeks I don t have to hire out the baleing at last second. Thanks for reading my novel, and thanks for any help that comes!

The uneven hand feeding caused the uneven bales. Take it down a full consistent windrow and find out. You just tested the 'funtionality'.Which it seemed to pass.Balers like full consistent
windrows to do their best work.Light uneven windrows will also cause light uneven bales.

(quoted from post at 06:45:41 08/20/22) The uneven hand feeding caused the uneven bales. Take it down a full consistent windrow and find out. You just tested the 'funtionality'.Which it seemed to pass.Balers like full consistent
windrows to do their best work.Light uneven windrows will also cause light uneven bales.

I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure there wasn t anything I was missing. Thank you for the response!

when i worked at Gehl we used to buy a couple round bales locally and unroll them in the parking lot and drive the test balers over them to test them.

you could do the same in place of a windrow in a hay field.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back