Sisal to Poly twine changeover - New Holland

SHALER

This is a follow up to my earlier post about a difficulty I had changing over from sisal to poly twine. The right knotter never skipped a beat. The left knotter tied fine with sisal but had knots hanging on the billhook every time with poly. Three posters identified the problem for me - twine knife was too dull. You three are smarter that the operators manual, which makes no mention of checking the twine knife for sharpness. Thanks and glad I figured this one out before hay season gets here.

Thanks for posting back - It's always nice to hear what the end result was. Still might be worth checking the wiper arm clearance at some point as it's a common issue when changing to plastic, but at least you're in a working state before haying.

You're smart to be checking the baler out now, rather than in June -50 yards into your first windrow with a storm coming on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back