International 500 Diesel Crawler / Dozer Radiator Hose

woopig5040

New User
Hey guys,

I have an IH 500 Diesel (BD-154 engine) dozer that has an upper radiator hose with a good size hole in it. Does anyone have a part number or source for one of these? It is elbow shaped, the radiator end id is 1.75” and the engine end id is 2.6”. If anyone has any info, I’d appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

If you can't find the actual part, use an old hot-rodder's trick and take the old hose around to local auto parts stores and see if they will let you compare the hose to radiator hoses they have on the shelf. Usually you can find something close enough, or a longer hose that you can cut a piece out of to make what you need.

Hey guys,

I have an IH 500 Diesel (BD-154 engine) dozer that has an upper radiator hose with a good size hole in it. Does anyone have a part number or source for one of these? It is elbow shaped, the radiator end id is 1.75” and the engine end id is 2.6”. If anyone has any info, I’d appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
BarnyardEngineering's idea is good, look for a place that sells truck parts as well.

Some applications had a section of steel tubing between short, straight hoses at the ends. You might make such from exhaust tubing and adapters to have different sized ends. Weld or braze the pieces together.

Gates, and maybe some others made some internal hose reducers for "temporary" use. I don't know if you can find any the size you need. I have seen a short section of hose used as an internal bushing to get a machine going/moved while searching for the right hose.

Hi, the upper rad hose on the IH 500 Crawler with BD-154 could be the same as used on the B414D tractor with BD-154 engine.
Description from caseih.com parts: 3042414R1- RADIATOR HOSE 1.50'', 2.50'' x 6.06''; HOSE , RADIATOR INLET 1.50'', 2.50'' x 6.06''

Google 3042414R1 and there are several sources including this website under this link:

Photo from my B414D Ops Manual:

1709648799611.png

If you can get silicone hose it is worth the cost difference, if you are keeping it for long. I have hoses on my semi that are the originals still working fine with no leaks that are silicone hose. They also make bends in them so getting a new one with the ends you need might be available or just use a piece of stainless exhaust pipe and have it opened up some or squeezed down some for it. I had too make an intake hose on my portable welder with a couple pieces of hose using silicone hose for that. Just don't over tighten the hose clamps as you can cut the hose with them at the edge of the clamp.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back