International 684 Fuel in Crankcase

mnkyfst

New User
I purchased a 684 last year and all was well until a week ago when I checked the oil and noticed it was high. I check it prior to when I use it and this was the first time I noticed it. There was a strong smell of diesel as well. From what I've found, it looks like chances are that it's from a seal in the fuel pump. I have 3 questions: 1. Is there a place to check for a leak that is easy to get to where I can use UV dye near the pump? 2. Is there a seal that goes out on these that is common that will cause this problem? 3. Would it need a professional rebuild, or is this something that can be replaced by removing the pump?

Usually the pump front seal, and it's wise to have all gaskets/seals replaced when one leak starts. Pump could also need new front shaft bushings replaced and reamed if
worn badly to keep the shaft centered again.

Thank you! I am in Louisville, KY. I saw you're in Indiana. Do you know of a trustworthy place or person that can do the work?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back