Is it worth it? Massey-Harris Pacer Facebook Find

s5brown

New User
I am absolutely new to tractors but want to get started. I found a Massey-Harris Pacer on Facebook marketplace for $500. Could just be a pile of scrap metal for all I know. I figure a couple hundred bucks to cut my teeth is better than a couple thousand out of the gate but I don't want to waste the money if it's just not worth it. Anyone have any tip for what to look for? It has apparently been sitting for 20 years in Florida.

They didn't make very many Pacers.... Probably a money pit, but has some collector value. I would gamble on it. 😀

Google Massey Harris pacer.... It's missing some sheet metal, hopefully it's around there
What should I look for first to see if it's worth more than scrap? Of course I'll see if the motor is locked up and I can see, as you pointed out, some sheet metal is missing. I'm heading over to look at it today. The guy is having a hard time moving it so I may even be able to get it for less than $500

What should I look for first to see if it's worth more than scrap? Of course I'll see if the motor is locked up and I can see, as you pointed out, some sheet metal is missing. I'm heading over to look at it today. The guy is having a hard time moving it so I may even be able to get it for less than $500
Tires are expensive, but not a deal breaker. Make sure carb, distributor, governor, starter are there. Stuck motor ain't the end of the world. Everything is fixable

I am absolutely new to tractors but want to get started. I found a Massey-Harris Pacer on Facebook marketplace for $500. Could just be a pile of scrap metal for all I know. I figure a couple hundred bucks to cut my teeth is better than a couple thousand out of the gate but I don't want to waste the money if it's just not worth it. Anyone have any tip for what to look for? It has apparently been sitting for 20 years in Florida.

Definitely worth the gamble at 500 dollars in my mind. Being a Florida tractor there shouldn’t be a concern with a broken block because of freezing but it is a common problem on those. Have fun with it.

Tires are expensive, but not a deal breaker. Make sure carb, distributor, governor, starter are there. Stuck motor ain't the end of the world. Everything is fixable

Definitely worth the gamble at 500 dollars in my mind. Being a Florida tractor there shouldn’t be a concern with a broken block because of freezing but it is a common problem on those. Have fun with it.
Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on specific things to look for? Grandpa Love gave me a few to look for. I am absolutely new to old tractors so i don't just want to buy a pile of scrap metal right out of the gate!

When someone named ' Masseyharrisnut' says go for it........ 😎. Sounds like a deal

Even if you can't get going you should get your money back by parting it out (there should be some people with pacers who's looking for parts).

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back