Is this a Case disk?

RBoots

Hey guys, I've had this disk a long time, always thought it was a Case disk, but I've never been sure. It's never had a decal on it or tag anywhere since I've owned it, 20+ years, the decals must have fell off long ago. I've been looking on Google for pictures of disks, and Tractorhouse, just trying to find one similar to it. I only found one picture of anything like it, but it was just simply described as a JI Case disk, but like mine, it had no decals or tags on it, let alone a model designation, and from the description of it, I'm guessing they don't even know it's a Case disk. Like someone calling an old iron wheel hayrake a John Deere, just because it's old and that's the only manufacturer of farm equipment they have heard of, know what I mean? Anyway, I figured if actually is a Case disk, you guys would probably know, and know what model it is, or at least be able to point me in the right direction. It seems more red than it actually is in the picture. I took a picture of the hitch, because I feel that seems to be the biggest identifier on most disks. Thanks for any info offered!

Ross
cvphoto10759.jpg

Maybe check for a Case Eagle in the castings such as on the cast iron spools between the blades.
Depending on the model, there might be a cast piece where the folding wings engage with the main shaft.
Can't see in your picture if it has them.

Like Don said...Case disk. Have had a 20' with wings like yours for a long time. Use to pull a 20' press drill behind it to one pass sow small grain and soybeans. Now have a 20' Great Plains no-till drill with coulter cart to plant with.

I never through to look for an eagle on the castings, but I've got it apart for a bearing right now, so I'm gonna look it over and see what I find there anyway, even though the guys have identified it as Case. Thank you

Rusted, I always thought it was a Case, but with the color of it, I was thinking it could be an AC disk, but I couldn't find any pictures that were a dead ringer for an AC, they were similar, but not quite the same. Thing is there's only about 900 different makes, models, and types of disks, and I must gave looked at thousands of pictures of them, but they all seems to be just a little bit different on the old ones

We don't use it a whole lot, our soil needs special care around here. We have to rip it deep to get the water away, the fall works best, but I'm sure you know how that's been the last couple years. I would love to be able to pull a drill behind it, it would work good, but around here there's just too many rocks, we need to pull a packer behind the field cultivator to drive the rocks back down so we can keep as many as we can out of the combine. Good soil, but dang lot of rocks.

Like said 100% a CASE disc model "C" like Don and Steve said I also had one but it is now owned by Jon and follows his 1030 around in MN one of the last Case designed and built disc's came in 1971,, we sold a number of them new

cvphoto151.jpg

cvphoto152.jpg

cvphoto153.jpg

Thanks CNT, like you said, I found no Abe on any of my parts while I was checking them out when working on it. Thanks for the timeline as well, I wondered how old of a disk that thing was. Must be ok if it's 50 years old!

Ross

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back