It never ends.

ChrisB

Member
OK hate to admit it but I live in Mass.

This year they did away with off-road fuel. So now I have to pay taxes to the government to drive around on my property or other private property? Does this mean the state is going to give me some of the tax money to main the roads and trials on my property? It never ends does it. Anyone know a way to get out of this tax?

Some quick, please remind me why democracy is worse then communism.
 
Not to get political,but what you describe is exactly why we have to make sure that this remains the United STATES of America,not one federal state of America. If someone chooses to live in a locality or state where things are unbearable to others,that's thier business. There are still states where you can live reasonably free. If we're stupid enough to let every aspect of our lives to be controlled and regulated by one FEDERAL government,we're screwed. It's the end of freedom. There's no where left on earth when this is gone.
 
I don't know much about it, but the way I understand it in Illinois, you need a business or tax number. You pay full price and get a refund on the tax when you submit the paperwork for a refund.

HTH.....don t. .....
 
I don't know about your particular county, but Massachusetts didn't ban off-road fuel. EPA Federal regs kicked in for the entire country, but those regs differ by region. MidAtlantic - including the folloing are one region with one set of rules -

North Carolina, Virginia,
Maryland, Deleware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont,
New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania (except specific counties), New York (except specific
counties), Washington D.C., and the eight eastern-most counties of West Virginia.

Off road fuel certainly is still legal, but it now has less sulfur then heating oil and is dyed a different color. Off road has to be less the 500PM of sulfur until 2010. Then, it has to be less then 15 PPM.

Here in New York - I've never see off-road available at a public station. You need your own tank at home or farm to get it. Michigan does have it for sale at many public stations. Massachusetts - I don't know - but it IS still legal. Here in New York, heating oil and off-road diesel were the same thing until this year when these EPA regs kicked in.
 
Worlds going to hell anyway, along with this country. The USA as we know it probably wont be around in 100 years. Hell, maybe not even that long.
 
Democracy is better then communism cause you get to have losers like John Kerry and Ted Kennedy for senators. (the only senator to turn a car into a submarine) Also that drunken bum Kennedy got away with murder---isnt America great. My senators are that Skank Debbie Stabenow and Levin----both losers too.
 
i have never filled out any paper work for tax refund for diesel in farm tractor. i live in nw il.
don't put farm fuel in on road trucks etc or you be in deep do-do when caught.
i don't think there is road fuel tax on diesel for farm use.
probably enough other taxes to make up for it.
 
CHINA IS GOING TO BUY US IN ABOUT 50YRS BECAUSE THE USA IS MAKING THEM RICH. AND THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL US ALL SLOWLY SO NO ONE SEE IT
 
(quoted from post at 15:54:45 04/04/08) I don't know about your particular county, but Massachusetts didn't ban off-road fuel.

JDE I think we are talking two different things. I understand about the EPA part and sulfur, I am not worried about that. I am talking about the fact that you now have to pay road tax for an off-road vehicle regardless of the EPA mandates and the sulfur.
 
New York is the same way. oil guy WOULD NOT fill my off road tank with home heating oil, which I have been useing in my tractors for years. Said now I have to buy off road fuel. He files the paper work for the tax so I dont get whacked with it. Other wise I would have to pay it. What next? Are we gonna need a permit and pay tax just to take a $hit?
 
(quoted from post at 15:12:16 04/04/08) Not to get political,but what you describe is exactly why we have to make sure that this remains the United STATES of America,not one federal state of America. If someone chooses to live in a locality or state where things are unbearable to others,that's thier business. There are still states where you can live reasonably free. If we're stupid enough to let every aspect of our lives to be controlled and regulated by one FEDERAL government,we're screwed. It's the end of freedom. There's no where left on earth when this is gone.

I agree 100% but let us suppose that charging road tax was put on a ballot; do you think it would pass? I am pretty sure we can all agree on that.


Remember that this is the state with gay marriage. Not debating if gay marriage is correct or not here, but to argue that it was an injustice to keep it off the ballot. They fought tooth and nail to keep gay marriage off the ballot. Why? Because they knew darn well it would get voted down overwhelmingly just like the other 9 or so states that put it on a ballot.

I remember the day it was decided to keep it off the ballot. I was declared a victory by the gay marriage supporters. To me it was an injustice to democracy. In other words government is telling us what we should do, not use telling government.

Sorry to get political but the road tax on off-road fuel was swept under the carpet here as most do not know about it. I called a couple of friends who did not even believe me until they looked at their bill.
 
Don and IH2444,

We use to be able to do that if your dealer who sold you the fuel demanded you pay the tax. Some do not.

Point I am making is we cannot even file now. It will be taxed regardless.
 
OK I reread my original post and I can see the confusion I created. So I will reiterate it again.

We have to pay road tax on off-road fuel now. No filing later on anymore. So off road fuel just went up 45 cents here.
 
I BELIEVE YOU HAVE SOME THING THERE -- I'M SURE SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN AND IT LOOKS LIKE CHINA IS BIG ENOUGH TO GET THE JOB DONE.
 
Lets not forget about Stamemalls hubby picking up "ladies of the evening". Can't blame the poor guy though. things that make you go bleeaaa!
 
In that state? I'd guarantee you it would pass if it was on the ballot. All they have to do is tell the 99% of the population that live in the cities that it's "for the children".
 
You keep voting TED KENNEDY in and look what us taxpayers paid for the BIG DIG in BOSTON and it leaks. What do you expect.
 
(quoted from post at 20:09:35 04/04/08) You keep voting TED KENNEDY in and look what us taxpayers paid for the BIG DIG in BOSTON and it leaks. What do you expect.

Ted Kennedy is not the only problem some fools voted in a corrupt Governor.
 
Is that some sort of state law now - or just in your county? Here in New York, the fuel-thing has gotten confusing, but I can still get off-road delivered to my house with out the extra taxes as long as I'm farm exempt. Otherwise - I don't know?

My father-in-law still buys off-road diesel as his local gas station in Alpena, Michigan. It's around 40 cents a gallon cheaper that the highway diesel. Michigan is under the same EPA regs as NY and Mass.
 
OK, I spent 5 minutes googling this thing. The voters in your state turned down a rollback of the fuel tax and a bunch of other taxes last year. Did you vote? The price of fuel is going to go up, it will never be $1 a gallon. We are just going to have to deal with that.
 
You speak the truth brother.

Add "tax-a-chusetts" to the Kalifornia socialist uprising where the minority rules the majority.

I can slam MA because I used to live there, NEVER again...
 
JDE,
No it is a state wide thing. All off-road fuel will be taxed. There is not much if any county type laws and governing here in Mass.

Spook,
I would love to see the link for such as I have been trying to find something if not anything on the matter. Yes I vote and no it was not on a ballot. This is Mass we do not get to decide things like that, only vote for people who will do the deciding for use serfs... Christ we are not even smart enough to vote on gay marriage let alone something as complicated as taxing off-road fuel according to the powers that be.

Kansas,

Save me a place over there.
 
Our fine president already sold us to china if he didn't. how come we are going into the big "R" I'm 63 now and I don't see It coming back to what we had 3 yrs ago, in my lifetime.It's all downhill from here!!!
 
Our fine president already sold us to china if he didn't. how come we are going into the big "R" I'm 63 now and I don't see It coming back to what we had 3 yrs ago, in my lifetime.It's all downhill from here!!!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top