J-D 6520L 2006

d page

Hey John Deere Experts:
This may be way too new a tractor to ask for help on the subject tractor, but here goes:

Symptoms: won't start

Effort so far: has fuel, battery fully charged, verified fuel pump fuse is GOOD.

Other info of possible interest:
*When trying to start, and i turn the ignition key to "ON" , (not trying to 'crank') for many times before, i would hear a motor running. (possibly fuel pump?) then the motor would stop.
NOW, when i turn the ignition "ON" i DON'T hear the motor running at all.

*Before there was any problem getting the tractor started on occasion it would start up right away, then die. I found that when i would give the tractor just a little shot of starter fluid that would get it going.

*When parked in November (outside) it was running fine. When i tried to start it last week the problems began.

*I cracked the fuel line going into Cyl#1 and their was fuel there-fwiw.

My thoughts: Again, sounds like it could be the fuel pump??
I cannot find the location of a fuel pump on the darn thing--[b:612093b74b]can anyone point me to it's location?[/b:612093b74b]
I have 2 fuel filters orders (fuel/water, fuel) and will replace to rule out that issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If this is out of realm of this forum, maybe someone could point me to a forum that might be of help on this make/year of tractor.

Best Wished
d page

Noise that you did hear when ign switch was turned to on position was probably the electric fuel pump which according to JD parts is located in fuel tank. See photo below.
mvphoto102252.png

Before you start to tear it out to replace it I would test if you have power to it. I would suggest you ask your dealer how to verify that it is getting power, it very likely is powered through a relay.

Hi redMN,
Thanks very much for your provided link AND your very cogent advice on the electrical check.

btw, you have provided excellent advice in the past for my JD-1020-very much appreciated on both counts!

We have a 6220, and the fuel pump stopped running like yours. Check the fuses at the
inside rear of the cab. Sometimes
disconnecting the negative battery cable
from the battery for a minute will reset
things too. In my case, the pump ran fine
after trying these two things.

Good luck!
Lon

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back