I have the opportunity to buy a 214 wire baler with a Wisconsin
VH4D engine from a neighbor. Since I am new to baling I have
some questions.
First, my situation: about 5-6 acres of hay, sloped ground with
some tight areas for turning. My tractor is a Kubota L3830 (38
hp, weighs about 3400 lb.)
It seems like an engine driven baler might have an advantage in
tight turns having no pto shaft to worry about.
Does anyone have any opinions on this rig? It would be a
"project" baler as it hasn"t run for about 6 years. It did, however,
bale hay until then.
It is a wire baler - is this considered a disadvantage today? Is
wire generally accepted if I choose to sell some of the hay or
should I change track and look for a twine baler? I don"t know if
it makes a difference but the part of southern Oregon I"m in
seems to be more horse country than cattle.
I would appreciate all comments and opinions. Many thanks,
Craig
VH4D engine from a neighbor. Since I am new to baling I have
some questions.
First, my situation: about 5-6 acres of hay, sloped ground with
some tight areas for turning. My tractor is a Kubota L3830 (38
hp, weighs about 3400 lb.)
It seems like an engine driven baler might have an advantage in
tight turns having no pto shaft to worry about.
Does anyone have any opinions on this rig? It would be a
"project" baler as it hasn"t run for about 6 years. It did, however,
bale hay until then.
It is a wire baler - is this considered a disadvantage today? Is
wire generally accepted if I choose to sell some of the hay or
should I change track and look for a twine baler? I don"t know if
it makes a difference but the part of southern Oregon I"m in
seems to be more horse country than cattle.
I would appreciate all comments and opinions. Many thanks,
Craig