Jd 440 power steering

jeff100smith

New User
Does anyone know of a aftermarket power steering set up for a jd 440? Someone tried to fit a pump from a ford pickup onto mine and it doesn't work. I don't have the brackets, pump, or reservoir. Thank you.

Does anyone know of a aftermarket power steering set up for a jd 440? Someone tried to fit a pump from a ford pickup onto mine and it doesn't work. I don't have the brackets, pump, or reservoir. Thank you.
There are or were a couple aftermarket torque generators for those that go in steering column. I think the Charlyn is still available but expensive. Some guys have worked out electric units from cars but it depends upon how much room you have. Otherwise it would be to find a salvage tractor with factory PS but they are hard to find. I have a 430 and it is hard to steer and almost impossible with loader. Occasionally someone will advertise a complete setup on YT Classifieds but you might have to do a lot of adapting.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back