JD 920 moco head tilt-manual or hydraulic?

I recently bought a 920 moco with hydraulic tilt, that I posted about below. I am wanting to convert it from hydraulic tilt to manual tilt. With hydraulic tilt, the tractor should have three remotes, which mine does not. I thought it was a simple matter of taking the hydraulic cylinder off, and putting in a turnbuckle, but it appears that the brackets are different, and the manual tilt requires a weld-on bracket that changes the angle. I would think moving the bracket will change the way the head tilts as it is lifted. Is the additional bracket needed, and what does it do?
Josh

It would be simpler to get a diverter valve which would give you an additional outlet for part time use.

KEH

I have a New Holland with hyd. tilt. I love it and use it constantly with just two valves. It tees into the lift line so that when the mower head gets all the way down it then tilts forward. a touch of the valve and it tilts back up. It's great for getting under lodged grass.

I have a 945JD mowco w/ hyd tilt I use a 1066 w/ 2 outlets. what I did was remove the down pressure hose from the tilt cylinder and pluged the remaining hose in the other side of the lift circut. So that when you move the hyd lever back it lifts the head move it foreward it tilts the head up, put it on float and everything goes dn. works really well . even when I have mower on tractorw/ 3 rewmotes I hook it up this way, much simpler to operate PIA trying to operate 3 levers. always grabbing wrong one

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back