JD loader Identification

BigBen2ndGen

New User
Hello, I m trying to identify this JD loader and what models it could possibly fit. I m not sure where to even start. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
mvphoto110201.jpg

Some closeup photos would help ID loader but I'm nearly 100% sure that loader isn't a JD. Loader in photo is similar to JD model 36 or 46 FEL but not identical.

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/27/2023 at 04:10 am.

IMHO boom mount brackets & boom cyl mounts are not similar for JD model 36A or 46A or 47. IMHO Jury is still out on boom! Torque tube appears to be in different locations to me.
mvphoto110211.png

mvphoto110215.png

mvphoto110216.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/27/2023 at 08:12 am.

Look at key 12 in your bottom pic. That is what I am calling the boom. I have 2 46a's and have had some
47's. The bottom brackets are off something else or home made. Tom

I'm sure it's a JD. I have a 46A,but this one is newer. Looks like the frame/mounts have been modifyed.The front frame should be a closed box. This one has been cut with the drops added.

Here are a few more photos. It very well could be half homemade or not JD at all. I ve crawled all around it, I can t find a vin or model on it anywhere. I think it s been painted at one point. Thanks.
mvphoto110248.jpg

mvphoto110249.jpg

It's not a JD loader, so really a moot point. Possibly someone began with some part(s) of a JD loader- or just put some stickers on whatever. If you're hoping to find seals or other hydraulic parts, you're best off taking the old parts to someone specializing in hyd. parts. If you're thinking of buying it, don't. A scale will tell you what it's worth.

If you can get it for less than scrap and you don't mind some aggravation, then go for it.

The boom and lift cylinders are Deere the mounting frame reminds me of a Kelly loader. The bucket cylinders
are an aftermarket replacement for the Deere ones. I have a 46A with the same replacement bucket cylinders.
Tom

The only thing for sure is it fits whatever model tractor it was removed from.

On a homemade loader you would not typically see bent tubing for hydraulic lines. At least the boom appears to be factory made. There are definitely modifications to the framework. Some of it is factory but other parts were added on.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back