JI Case 730

Jim Kam

New User
I have a JI Case 730 gasoline tractor and the other day I parked the tractor after running it for maybe 5 to 10 minutes and when I shut it off I noticed that I had antifreeze coming out of the over flow tube, so I picked up some antifreeze and went back out to the farm the next day to investigate the problem and that is where I am stuck.
this tractor has a long radiator neck so the water sits lower so I pulled off the radiator cap and started the tractor and I could see the water slowly rise to the top and over flow and when I have the cap on it flows out the over flow tube and at this point the water is not hot so it"s not over heating.
my question to anyone is where should I be looking for the problem, Cap or Thermostat or where?
please email me back if you can help me find the the cause.
Thank You
Jim
[email protected]
 
Radiator could be plugged. Water pump is pumping it into the radiator faster that it can flow. Even with the thermostat closed, a small amount of coolant continues to circulate. Might take off lower radiator hose and see how fast the radiator drains.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top