John Deere 145 Loader Valve Replacement

200cs

Hi everybody and Merry Christmas!
I recently purchased a 2640 with a 145 loader. The bucket and arms are creeping so I think that's probably in the valve spools. I would like to replace with a quality aftermarket part such as a Prince valve or something similar. Anybody been here before that might have a suggestion of a good quality brand?

Define ''creeping''?

Rarely, a ''bad'' valve could cause them to raise slowly with the engine running.

If they slowly leak down whether or not the engine is running, the chances are greatly in favor of leaking piston seals.

Or, if your loader valve has ''load checks'' they MAY need to be replaced.

IMHE, leaking past both valve spools is certainly possible, but odds are against it, IMHO.

I have a 148. PO put a new Prince valve on it but without the float feature. It came off a 4020 so I had to convert it to open center. I'd go with
wore out's comment but if it turns out to be the valve get the float.

(quoted from post at 23:41:53 12/18/23)
Define ''creeping''?

Rarely, a ''bad'' valve could cause them to raise slowly with the engine running.

If they slowly leak down whether or not the engine is running, the chances are greatly in favor of leaking piston seals.

Or, if your loader valve has ''load checks'' they MAY need to be replaced.

IMHE, leaking past both valve spools is certainly possible, but odds are against it, IMHO.

Loader bucket slowly tilts to dump position and arms slowly raise to full up while running. Total process takes several minutes.

Bucket tilting over is probably 1 or both bucket cylinder piston seal leaking. Boom raising when engine is operating with control lever in neutral position is excessive spool to valve housing clearance. You're correct in that replacement of complete valve is correct solution

(quoted from post at 09:30:18 12/19/23)
Bucket tilting over is probably 1 or both bucket cylinder piston seal leaking. Boom raising when engine is operating with control lever in neutral position is excessive spool to valve housing clearance. You're correct in that replacement of complete valve is correct solution

Thanks TX Jim. Any recommendations on a quality replacement part number? And I agree with Mike on his float statement. I have other machines with it and its nice.

I have no idea on good brand but I suggest to check with hyd businesses such as Surplus Center &N Bailey hyd's. I'm sure there are more good hyd valve retailers.

Hi everybody and Merry Christmas!
I recently purchased a 2640 with a 145 loader. The bucket and arms are creeping so I think that's probably in the valve spools. I would like to replace with a quality aftermarket part such as a Prince valve or something similar. Anybody been here before that might have a suggestion of a good quality brand?
I had a similar problem with my 2640 it was the little screen filter on the side had a lot of debris in it cleaned it and everything worked fine.

I have a 148. PO put a new Prince valve on it but without the float feature. It came off a 4020 so I had to convert it to open center. I'd go with
wore out's comment but if it turns out to be the valve get the float.
You had to convert the valve to open centre ?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back