John Deere 290 Planter Depth Adjustment

I have been searching the forum and youtube and cannot find any information on how to adjust the depth setting on a JD 290 planter. Can anyone help? Using the planter for pumpkins. Its planting about 3 inches deep and would like to adjust it to be about 1 inch deep. I unfortunately do not have an operaters manual. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

It's been 50 years, but I'm thinking there's a half inch J bolt ahead of the press wheel with a nut and lock nut. Right down behind
the opener.

The operators manual for the 290 planter is available for download for free on the John Deere publications website. Just search for
290, select the planter, and you can download and view the manual. Depth adjustment is on page 9.
John Deere Publications

Lower or raise the press wheel depending if you need to plant deeper or or shallower. Both lower or raising is correct depending on how deep setting is and how deep you want you plant. Same on all the planters 450, 290, 490, 246, 347, 446, 447, 494, 594, 494A, 694, 694A and larger planters and the 12XX series.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back