John Deere 430 W Throttle Friction Discs

nt254

New User
How hard is it to take the throttle assembly apart where the friction discs go? The throttle lever does not want to stay at lower engine speed (it jumps up to fast position). I believe the throttle friction discs need replaced but I have never taken the throttle assembly apart there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

This does not answer your question .......... but replacing the ones on my model 40s, I made my own disks out of very fine angle grinder disks.

I don't know if the 430 friction assembly is like the 620/630 assembly. I tried to tighten the spring tension on my 620 and it acted strange - no matter how tight, it still would not hold. Disks looked good. On close inspection I noticed that the tube that the adjustment bolt goes through was bottoming out before the disks tightened. I think I cut a recess in the center of a big washer and added it to the stack - it's been a while since I fixed it.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to remove the hood and remove the throttle linkage bracket from the water manifold and slide the whole works forward to replace these washers. After removing the throttle lever.

Your right; hood off, friction disks on the horizontal throttle shaft. Drive out roll-pin holding
throttle lever. Take off linkage on front end of throttle shaft.. slide shaft forward, take off two friction disks(M1860T)- check thrust washer- spring -retaining washer and other roll pin. If disks are shot; could make something out of a wore-out four inch cut off disk?? Cut out center hole and trim outside diameter.. Maybe Mother Deere still makes the disks for $$$$$$$..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back