John Deere 45 loader on 1941 B

Kroden

New User
Hey guys Im wondering if anyone on here could tell me if I can mount a John Deere 45 loader on my 41 b. I understand I will have to run a auxiliary pump which I was thinking of a unit like a dumb trailer uses. But would like to know if the loader will mount to my tractor. Any help is appreciated. I can get a good deal on one. And its nice so would like to have it. Thanks for your time in advance

A JD-45 loader will mount to your 41 B and a lot of other tractors both JD and others. The key ingredient is the mounting brackets. What is the loader mounted on now or what was it mounted on?

The loader is mounted on a John Deere 60 right now. Be stored in doors all the time. So its pretty nice. Thanks again fro helping.

Do you know what powertroll unit I would need. There is a guy on eBay that has one off of a 1955 John Deere 50 marked A3604R. What are all the parts I need.

Does your B currently have power lift? If so, you just need to find a valve box. One from a 50 would fit, but there are some ports T think that would need to be blocked off. Might be simplest to find one from an A, B, or G. If your tractor does not have power lift (flat back) you will need to find a back from a B with power trol, again, a pretty simple conversion.

(quoted from post at 22:49:31 07/29/21) The loader is mounted on a John Deere 60 right now. Be stored in doors all the time. So its pretty nice. Thanks again fro helping.

I'm not implying the brackets can't be altered to fit but axle housing brackets for a model B & 60 have different part #s. I agree model B hyd's should operate loader if boom cylinders are in double acting configuration.

If I could find the brackets and the power troll unit I think I
could make it work. I probably could build my own brackets to
as Im pretty handy at welding and stuff like that. Just nice to
have the original.

cvphoto95966.jpg

Yes, you'd need the whole housing, or a homemade system. The whole housing is not a complicated install if going that route.

One thing your tractor frame is not strong enough to uae the loader for anything heavy that the loader would handle on a bigger tractor. And those 5:00x15 tires do not have enough weight carring capacity for anything excwpt the weight of the loader. I had a 46 B that is same as the 41 B but I had factory power troll. I would never consider putting a loader designed for a 70 on even a late model B as frame will break on even the late models 1949 B. And that is without the weight of the loader. If you want to keep your tractor do NOT try it.

The rear axle mounting brackets have part numbers AC 10506C (right) and AC 10507C (left). There are several other numbers listed, but they all sub to the two I posted as based on Parts Catalog PC-484

This is a relatively light duty loader and will work fine on a B. If that wasn't so then why would John Deere advertise it with mounting brackets for a B.

The Op Manual says its lifting capacity is 2150 pounds.

(quoted from post at 12:38:01 07/30/21) The rear axle mounting brackets have part numbers AC 10506C (right) and AC 10507C (left). There are several other numbers listed, but they all sub to the two I posted as based on Parts Catalog PC-484

This is a relatively light duty loader and will work fine on a B. If that wasn't so then why would John Deere advertise it with mounting brackets for a B.

The Op Manual says its lifting capacity is 2150 pounds.

Rear axle housings & frames are totally different on early & late model B's. Photo of Kroden's '41 B depicts different rear axle housings than the later model B's

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 07/30/2021 at 09:56 am.

All I want to do is be able to push snow in the winter time with it and mabey some brush in the summer. I dont plan on lifting the earths weight of dirt or anything heavy. It has a snow blade attached to the front so I would only be pushing while it was on the ground. Mostly just want it for the cool factor of somthing vintage and somthing you dont see. So I just want to know if I can make it work. Again I know it may not be ideal but I do not use it everyday. Thanks.

By the time you buy a loader, make new brackets, add a PowerTrol, buy new gaskets to mount the PowerTrol, buy 1000 or more pounds of fluid or cast iron weight for the rear axle of the tractor, add the price of your labor, and maybe buy rear tire chains or a HeatHouser, you are close to the $1,500 cost to just buy a second tractor that already has a loader mounted on it. If you don't have the extra space for a second tractor, you might sell the B for half or more of the cost of a tractor & loader combo. An A, 50, or 60 are all heavier an better matched to a 45 loader, especially with live hydraulics or power steering.

The second tractor would keep your B free for its present work. Adding a loader to it will add an extra six feet to the front of the tractor, plus the extra width, that really hurts the maneuverability of a tractor. Try driving one to see how you like it before you buy the loader.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back