John Deere 520

Don F

New User
I am looking for some info on the value of a 57 John Deere 520. The tractor has been restored new paint, tires look to be 80 to 90 per, wide front and 3point. I would say on a 1 to 10 it is a strong 9. I have not heard it run yet. Does anyone a guess or a ballpark on a value,low to high? Thanks much in advance
 
I would guess between 5 and 7 thousand dollars. It would be worth more if it was a 1958 model which has a few improvements.
 
Don't let a nice paint job and new tires distract you from what is most important.
The "shiny" trick has worked for many years, and people just cannot seem to learn that paint and tires are what you do to a 50+ year old antique tractor only AFTER you have spent bunches rebuilding all of the worn and broken mechnical parts.
It could be mechanically good, but I would need to know by evidence of parts receipts and operating it for a while.
 
3-5 grand. Any options?
Put it on a dyno and she what she will do when run a max power and warmed up. It will find pto clutch problems too.
Lots run good putting around the yard but fall flat when put to the test.
 
B&D, Please give me a shout the next time you come across a nice 520 w/factory wide front and complete factory 3pt for $3K - $5K. I would really like to purchase one from you.
 
Don't like the round the wide axle out in front of the tractor like an Oliver, it looks dorky. The later square front under the tractor is better.
A real wide front in a Waterloo is a standard chassis.
How complete the three point hitch is would matter.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top