Anonymous-0
Well-known Member
I own a 620 john deere (nothing but the best). Its a long story. It goes like this- I paid $5000 for this thing, runs nice, got it home didnt run any more, blew smoke out the muffler, I came to find out there was some kind of nest in the air cleaner, caused it to suck oil out of the pan. Fixed that, got some one to look at tractor, fixed couple of things (3pt arms, tuned engine, tuned hydraulics, etc) - cost 1500, so here i am with a tractor that is now worth $6500. Well later in plowing season i noticed it smoking a little out of the breather when it worked hard. It got worse over time. I got on it last week and warmed it up, smoked a little, i was on the road coming up a hill and i idled it down cause i like to idle it down and then throttle it up to hear it work, well when i idled it down it looked like i had just been burning a 50 gallon drum of oil, it was nasty, oil burning horrible out of the breather. but when i throttled it up it stopped smoking. It doesnt use too much oil but a little. What could be wrong with this???? im getting sick of spending money on this thing. Any suggestion appreciated. thanks- Caleb