John Deere H crab 26 idle needle question

I just put a kit in my carb (26) and now it wants to lope when running and needs the choke on about half way. The idle needle doesnt look right to me and wonder Id P O might have the wrong needle. Does anyone have a used one laying around that I might could get just to try or give me the measurements of the needle itself. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I cleaned the passages good with the drills and soaked for 2 days so I feel it is clean but can easily go back and clean again if needed.

The behavior you describe could be caused by many things, such as internal passages not completely cleaned, fuel level in the bowl too low (wrong float setting), air leaks etc. The two needles used in the DLTX-26 and -46 are shown below; the one on the right side with the long thin taper is the idle needle. The left on with the short stubby taper is the load needle.

cvphoto147252.jpg

Thanks Dan for the pictures, I dont have a picture of mine and its pouring down rain right now but having mine out yesterday I am thinking my idle needle is longer than the load needle. Soon as I can I will take a picture of them like you did for reference. Thanks for the help!

Well I got a picture of mine and I guess they are correct. I was thinking the idle was longer than the load but not. The idle needle will screw-in but want bottom out as it should. It will just keep turning but it will screw out fine. Not sure whats going on with that.
cvphoto147281.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back