john Deere parts shortage

8850dave

I was at my local dealer today and was told parts are in short supply or out of stock for even common disk bearings even the aftermarket supplies are tight or short so was told try not breaking anything cause not sure the parts will be available as usual this spring or even longer.Even new equipment is hard to get now and lawn mowers are very limited in supply.

I cannot get an air filter for a 2440 JD for the life of me. United Ag just bought out all area dealers so that is problem #1. They suck. I ended up at the 1 independent dealer in our area and he said the same thing, parts that used to be 1-2 days away are weeks away and many things are out of stock.

Needed a fuel transfer pump for a 4230 and none to be had from Deere or any aftermarket place. The supplier Deere bought them from closed their doors. My dealer had one aftermarket one left and I got it. Tom

Same story here. Big parts delays. Stuff in stock at the warehouse doesn't seem to find its way to delivery either. Local dealer replaced an AC pump for me... ordered it for next day, didn't show for 3 days, so they ordered in a different manner- and got 2 of them the same day.

Got told the same thing several weeks ago while at the dealer. Disk blades and bearings. Moldboard plow wear parts. Certain tractor parts. I bought a complete change of field cultivator sweeps out of my rainy day fund so as not to risk being stuck. I asked about a rear tractor tire and at that point the dealer (Firestone) was out of stock but thought they could get it in a short period of time. CNH does not sound like they are much better off when I visited my dealer. I don't need any more stress right now in my life but one more straw on this camel's back it looks like.

I don't know that it's any one brand or product. Back at Christmas time my son said there was hardly a rear main seal for a 350 Chevy to be had anywhere in the country. He's finding enough parts to keep engines going out the door somehow.

They are a lot harder to start with a bad pump . Had a 4430 that was miserable to start new pump made a new tractor of it

Take a drive through the local (Kibble Equipment) JD lot and it sure doesn't look like a shortage of new equipment there !!

Inline pumps NEED a supply pump, they WON'T WORK without one. The Stanadyne/Roosa will work fine without one as it has it's own vane supply pump built in..

I can't speak for Deere, but being a Parts Manager for 47 years at a New Ford Car store, I've never seen back orders like I am seeing now.
Have survived UAW strikes in the past was nothing compared to today. If we were a large store I'm unsure what we'd do. With only 10
employees total at the store I've been averaging since last June 60+ backordered lines & at time the dollar number is over $50,000.00. I said
when the pandemic started & place closed down the demand factor fell, computers didn't catch the virus, they only see numbers, when demand fell
& reorder factors fell too. When the demand increased, there wasn't / isn't replacement parts even ordered at the depot's. I have had parts ordered
& not received since last June, some of these parts Ford has nearly 6000 on BO.. I knew this was going to happen..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back