just got a deal

Dave from MN

Well-known Member
Just made a deal for ALL the steel off of two 40x50 and 36x48 shed roofs. Pitch was steep and the shortest sheets are 16'4" off the one and closer to 18'6" on the other. Is all older stuff that is actually a heavy gauge, stuff looks in near perfect condition, supposubly was hail damaged, but I couldnt see it. Its already been stacked on the ol beavertail waiting for me to come get it. $600. Guess my next building isnt gonna cost me much at all now!! God Bless lazy insurance adjustors!
 
I just got some real good 12 ft. tin off a flat roofed 48X60 barn that had to be moved for a road right of way. It was aready taken off and stacked. Traded 2 4X5 rolls of hay for it. Will make a real nice shed.
 
Dave try to get it inside some where.

After it's in a stack if it gets wet it will oxidize quickly.

Keep it dry.

Gary
 
great deal-
Man i was at an auction last saturday and roof steel was just freakin' goin' crazy- I just could not beleive what I was hearing! small piles bring $900-$1000 !

My neighbor, who always seemed a bit curmudgeony to me, gave me a stack of about 20 sheets for nothing when he saw me building my shavings shed- guess he's a much sweeter guy than I thought!
 
Always a good find, this is one reason I keep a single axle truck on the road, there are lots of dilapidated buildings out there that can provide plenty of re-useable materials, or deals on used materials can be found, and in the right hands sometimes hard to tell it was re-used.

Yeah, you probably want to get those covered, I can remember what happens when stacked together, they do oxidize, just like if a crate of sheet or plate glass gets wet, it gets between the sheets and stains or oxidizes.
 
Wish I could find a deal like that around me since the roof's all I lack on my shed. No roof and my recent marriage and a much needed house remodel has kinda put the shed on the back burner temporatily though. Thankfully my framework is all 8 and 12 inch I beams over 40 years old so rot isn't an issue til I get it dried in come summer time.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top