Keith Peterman. Did I goof ?

Keith I finnally bought one of them golden tractors. This one is not all there but it was cheap. It is a narrow front U. Year? I am missing one rear rim, one front rim, and the manifolds and carb, The seat pan, and steering wheel.. Are these parts worth more than the tractor? I owe you a call. I will ring you soon.
 
Where are you located Dennis? I've got just the parts tractor for you cheap, engine stuck, otherwise complete. EXTREME NE Illinois
 
Dennis,


Good to hear from you. I have been meaning to call as well. I think everyone on this webpage will agree that you can never go wrong when you buy a MM.

The stuff you are missing should not be too difficult to find. The rims are the same as used on other tractors and the manifolds can be bought used or reproduction.


Give me a call and fill me in on your new purchase and life in Idaho.
 
Congratulations on your MM U.

Assuming 38" wheels, Farmall M rear wheels should fit. Of course you will need to match the width.

Deere 40 or 420 front wheels should work, if the width of the rim is right. (They were perfect for my MM ZB).

The seat you need is a 3 holer-3 holes in the seat. With a round disk riveted in the middle. The last one I came up with actually was off a Massey Harris Pony. (Mom got the bracket for her Pony and I got the seat.)

Steiner has reproductions of the exhaust manifold. Not terribly cheap, though. You should be able to come up with a used carb and intake without much trouble.

For the serial number, there should be a serial tag on the right side of the transmission case near where the belt pulley mounts.
 
I found 2 front rims laying in the weeds while searching for its manifold. Farmall M rims? Great. Being that I know where most of the junk Farmalls in the area are. The tractor appears to have had fenders. So I guess I need them to. Boy did my trailer squat when I pulled this guy on board! How much does this tractor weigh? It has 3 weights on on side only. But the wheels turned with hesitation. What a relief that was.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top