Killer guard chickens for sale???

rockyridgefarm

Came across this ad on CL. Had to flag for Best-of.

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/4189478790.html

[b:3d9082c919] Foraging, predator-saavy Chickens for breeding [/b:3d9082c919]

We raise chickens for meat and eggs - a mix of jersey giant, cornish hen, and new hampshire red breeds. For the last few years, we have stopped fencing them in a yard, or closing them in their coop at night. They have full range over 100 acres which they share with cows, sheep, turkeys, and predators. Our coops experience regular raids by coyotes, hawks, and owls, but our chickens have become totally adept at surviving and thriving. We give them a minimum amount of grain every day or so, and they get all the rest of their food from foraging plants, fruits (mostly apples and grapes), nuts (acorns, hazelnuts, and chestnuts), and insects. We have about 40 or so birds left, consisting of about 15 or so roosters, each with their own entourage of hens. These birds are all destined to spend the winter in our freezer, but I kinda feel bad about slaughtering and eating such awesome birds. I want them to procreate and train another generation of bad a$$ predator-saavy birds. We plan on keeping one or two groups of roosters and hens exactly for this purpose, but we can't keep them all. If you have any interested in some excellent foraging and predator-wary chickens for breeding stock, let me know! I'll catch a rooster and one of his hens and sell for $40, or barter?. Otherwise, they're going in the freezer. Did I mention how delicious their meat is? REAL MEAT! Not just white grain-fed meat from a bird that never left the trough. We're talking dark meat and yellow, yellow fat. I'll be happy eating them this winter if you don't want 'em! Also, I make semi-regular trips to Madison and would be happy to deliver there.

i know what you mean i got a rooster he has
nailed 11 people better than a gaurd dog ask
anybody free rooster the just laugh

Nasty as they can be I've yet to see one win a battle with a good dog or a fox. Best place for nasty rooster is in the freezer.

$40 for an old rooster and an old hen that really won't be that good to eat?

To be honest if they were as orney as he claims catching them would a chore in itself. I know I wouldn't want to pick something up that can fight off a coyote.

Same guy has a bridge in Brooklyn, and some
oceanfront property in Arizona for sale. And some
fool will buy it.....

"Also, I make semi-regular trips to Madison and would be happy to
deliver there."

That there quote explains it all, if it's Madison wisconsin, he's talkin
about. Stay away from the water, in Madison, it destroys your
brain!

So, he has 25 hens and 15 roosters left. The BIG question is..............how many did he start out with????? $40 for one rooster and one hen?? Man.........I need to jump all over that!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back