Kinze 4020 Detroit repower

I'm thinking of building a Kinze repower clone. Does anyone have pictures or drawing of the flywheel and clutch? Or know what parts were used? From what I've read the Kinze company doesn't have any of this information anymore. I don't plan to really use it, more to take to shows and make noise. thanks

Kinze 4020 repowerd tractors had 6v71 Detroit's, although there was some talk of one with a 8v71. Heard of a 4520 with a 6v71. 5010, 5020 and 6030 had 8v71's. Never seen a Kinze repower. I have seen Case LA's with 3-71 and 4-71 Detroits, not kinze repower....James

Buddy of mine in Hillsboro ND said he used to have a 4020 with kinze repower. Had a 6V53 detroit. He bought it with a broken input shaft and sold in same condition for something else that caught his eye. He said at the time he didn’t realize what he had as far as a collectible .

Buddy of mine in Hillsboro ND said he used to have a 4020 with kinze repower. Had a 6V53 detroit. He bought it with a broken input shaft and sold in same condition for something else that caught his eye. He said at the time he didn’t realize what he had as far as a collectible .
A 6V-53 on its own is a lesser common engine . Although not as rare as the 8V-53 .

A 6V-53 can develop 180HP at 2400 rpm .

The museum in Ladora has the pattern and drawings for the 5020. I doubt about Jon K. not being able to answer.
There were plenty of the 4020 repower at the 1/2 century of progress.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back