Kioti DK65S - Good tractor???

Fargo

Someone selling one locally w a cab and 1200 hrs for 25k.

Is this a good tractor vs American Steel? Reliable? Parts available? Thx.

I think they have a fair tractor. I am not so sure about their dealership network. Years ago they had a lot of dealers in the Mid-1980s that took them on. Then there where some issues( I do not know what they where) and those dealers mostly dropped the Kioti line. So it was hard to get parts and service then. That was 20 years ago too. So I really can't tell you much about them today.

Not much "American steel" around anymore- pretty much all utility tractors are foreign made, I think. The Japanese flavors - Kubota, Yanmar (John Deere), Shibaura (New Holland, I think) seem to be the best, with Korean (Kioti and some others) not far behind. Mahindra (India) seems to be getting a pretty good reputation. Chinese, well, not so much. . .

I have worked on a few of the Kiotis. They are pretty good tractors. They have had some 4WD issues with bearing failures in the front wheels, and some head gasket failure issues with the turbo engines.I am very impressed with the quality of their machine work on gears etc. Never had any problem getting parts.I would definately consider one if I were in the market.

(quoted from post at 07:11:30 06/09/13) Someone selling one locally w a cab and 1200 hrs for 25k.

Is this a good tractor vs American Steel? Reliable? Parts available? Thx.

The local Kioti dealer told me that Kioti was the result of two brothers that started and owned Kubota manufacturing not seeing eye to eye. One brother split after a dispute and started building the same tractor under the different name of Kioti.

That lasted until court proceedings were brought about by the other brother now the sole owner of Kubota ("now" being relative to the time frame because currently it is a monstrous international corporation). The courts mandated that some changes be made due to copywrite infringements....don't know what those changes are. They (Kubota and Kioti) are very similar though not identical and according to the Kioti dealer, a lot of parts interchange, especially in the first/second generation Kioti.

Both brands considered to be well built and reliable. (My opinion as a 31 year Kubota owner, thinking also of a Kioti soon.) Opinions may differ.....

Please treat this as handed down hearsay and not written in stone as brass tacks fact.

Have a Kioti Dk 45, so far it's been a good tractor and have used it for about anything related to farming; mowing, spraying, FEL work, pulling plow, harrow, and cultipacker. Know a local fella who had the 65 and it gave him good service, he traded for the 90.
We have a reputable Kioti dealer about 30 miles away.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back