KISS--- fixed my problem-Hyundai update

SDE

The fuel gage read just under half. She was going to fill it up in Hayward but I said NO. Spooner had gas for at least .21 less. So the little voice in my said to me last night, What if our supreme being was trying to tell her to get gas and I was the one not hearing it?

This Tucson had been in a front end damaging collision. Maybe the impact cause the gage to be inaccurate? So I added some gas and it started.

One snow blower and one dead vehicle off the list. Three more to go
Thank you everyone. It is appreciated. I even like hearing cashiers say I can help you over here, because I do need it.

I once had a Dodge Ram 1/2 ton. I knew it had been in a pretty serious rear end collision before I bought it.

It started having strange fuel problems, gauge not consistent, losing fuel pressure intermittently.

Finally pulled the pump, it was broken loose from the mount and was hanging by the hose and wires, swinging around inside the tank!

My daughter-in-law has a Hyundai. She sets the trip meter every time she gets gas and goes by that.

To replace the sending unit for the gas you probably have to remove the gas tank and it's in the canister with the fuel pump. Very big job.

It saved ya from wearing a hazmat suit when you sprayed it with brake clean...

One time I had a Ford Explorer that was hit hard while parked it knocked the plastic tray lose from the bottom of the fuel tank that the fuel pump sets in. The issue was not the fuel sender it robbed the pump of fuel causing it to stall on a sharp turn.

Yes I could see it damage the fuel sender

Every front or rear impact we saw that required any bumper repair broke the in tank fuel pump. Took me forever to get the bodyshop manager to put at least an in tank inspection on those quotes. He ate a lot of fuel pumps. The impact energy doesn't stop until it leaves the opposite end of the vehicle, like a ocean wave.

Glad it was something simple and inexpensive. Had a MACK truck years ago, the center top cab lights and dash lights were out. A gauge bulb had burned out and both wires touched, a DEAD short!!

mvphoto100557.gif

Ha, my daughter has a 1999 Ford Contour. Underneath the back seat is an access panel to the fuel pump. It's 5 in diameter and the fuel pump is 6 in diameter.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back