Kobalt 80v chainsaw

Phil Tibbetts

Has anybody had experience good or bad with the Kobalt 80v chainsaw? There is one coming up for sale at an auction. 18 inch bar battery and charger with it looks almost new. I'm having trouble cranking my gas saw because of Arthur and Carpal tunnel operation that left my left hand messed up. TIA

We have one. Dont need a saw a lot so its a good fit and cuts well. Doubt that battery life would be a problem cause I wear out before the saw. You might look for a sale or a combo and end up with a nice, electrified package.

I bought one three years ago for use on quick jobs but it ihas turned out to be the one I grab more often than not. Still need a gas saw for really tough jobs but I love the fact that it always starts with the touch of a button.

Had one for three years or so. Works great for what i need. Keep chain tight and sharp. It will cut. It says it will cut 300 4x4 on a charge. I. Believe it.

I agree, if I had any idea that I was going to be far worse off than before I never would have had it done. The butcher that did mine hurt me so bad I screamed. I've been through therapy and it is over 4 months later and my 2 middle fingers are numb. The pain I endured for several weeks after the surgery was unbelievable. I will never have the other hand done,

Has anybody had experience good or bad with the Kobalt 80v chainsaw?

No experience with 80v.

My friend has 40v dewalt tools and he refuses to buy new batteries, Toooooooooo expensive.

No battery lasts forever.
So I recommend converting over to one battery for all your cordless tools and use adapters. My choice of battery is 20v dewalt.
cvphoto152169.jpg

Keep the chain sharp this thing will do a good job.
Don't plan to cut firewood. Take your time and it will work.

Keep in mind, a chain is only as good as the weakest link.
Christmas lights are the same way. Old lights one bulb goes bad and the rest of the lights won't work.

Guess what, cordless batteries are the same, one cell goes bad and the battery is junk.

Check on the price of an 80v replacement battery.

Replacement batteries for some EVs may be close to half the price of the car.

Stick to one battery.

I buy bare cordless tools, no battery, no charger. Use my 20v dewalt battery.

I bought a new one a couple of years ago. I like it better than the 110 volt one I have. I've used it enough to buy a new chain for it.

(quoted from post at 18:24:35 04/15/23) I bought a new one a couple of years ago. I like it better than the 110 volt one I have. I've used it enough to buy a new chain for it.

(quoted from post at 14:46:06 04/11/23) Has anybody had experience good or bad with the Kobalt 80v chainsaw? There is one coming up for sale at an auction. 18 inch bar battery and charger with it looks almost new. I'm having trouble cranking my gas saw because of Arthur and Carpal tunnel operation that left my left hand messed up. TIA

Things to think about:
How long has it been out? You don't want something that's too new (may be discontinued due to lack of popularity), or too old (soon to be discontinued and replaced with a new model with a different battery setup).
Make sure you can still get batteries.
2Ah or 4Ah battery? 4Ah should last a little more than 2X as long due to internal resistance making the battery more efficient at releasing its charge without generating heat.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back