FixinOldIron

New User
Just finished new paint and decals on my LA. Anyone have a solution to saving the paint and decals next to the exhaust pipe? Does making a metal heat deflector between the pipe and the hood help? Or any other ideas?

Just finished new paint and decals on my LA. Anyone have a solution to saving the paint and decals next to the exhaust pipe? Does making a metal heat deflector between the pipe and the hood help? Or any other ideas?
Sounds like a good idea to me.
I would use bright aluminum to reflect the heat.

When I finished my CC I put a soup can around the exhaust pipe and secured it with two large hose clamps. I punched a total of four holes in the soup can with a screwdriver and put the two hose clamps around the exhaust pipe along with the soup can. This has worked great for about 20 years now with no paint damage to the hood and doesn't look bad. There is about a 1 inch gap between the exhaust pipe and the soup can on the hood side that dissipates the heat and protects the paint.

When I finished my CC I put a soup can around the exhaust pipe and secured it with two large hose clamps. I punched a total of four holes in the soup can with a screwdriver and put the two hose clamps around the exhaust pipe along with the soup can. This has worked great for about 20 years now with no paint damage to the hood and doesn't look bad. There is about a 1 inch gap between the exhaust pipe and the soup can on the hood side that dissipates the heat and protects the paint.

This is what I came up with.
20240606_142404.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back