Larson LED lights on a JD 4440 - tight fit

andy r

Need some help on putting Larson LED's on a John Deere 4440. I am putting the option #3 lights all around the tractor. The PAR-36 lights fit into the tractor's original light housings. Eight lights in total with each having 1700 effective lumens. Plus I did put Tiger Lights 3 light LED kit in the front end cap. Should make a very noticeable change I hope. The problem is when I get the new LED's wired up and begin to push it into the original fixtures it seems like I can't push it in far enough to get the three tabs to pop out front to lock the light in. Always can get one tab. Push harder and get two, but to get the third tab you have to stick a screw driver in and forcefully bend the third and sometimes second tab out. After all three tabs are outside of the light the housing appears to be slightly miss shaped. I have not tried soaping the surfaces yet to see if that helps. Also thought of using a blow dryer to warm up the plastic/rubber light fixture some. Anyone else had this problem?? Talked to Larson Lights and they say the light fixture has been exposed to sun and heat many years and probably has shrunk up some. The people at Larson Lights I feel are very helpful, honest and forthright. Product is a good value. They recommended the lubricant (soap). I know some of you have used these PAR-36 LED lights and wondered if you had problems and what you did. Thanks. Other than that the conversion went well and I think I will have somewhere around 17,900 lumens of light.

(quoted from post at 19:17:20 03/21/21) Need some help on putting Larson LED's on a John Deere 4440. I am putting the option #3 lights all around the tractor. The PAR-36 lights fit into the tractor's original light housings. Eight lights in total with each having 1700 effective lumens. Plus I did put Tiger Lights 3 light LED kit in the front end cap. Should make a very noticeable change I hope. The problem is when I get the new LED's wired up and begin to push it into the original fixtures it seems like I can't push it in far enough to get the three tabs to pop out front to lock the light in. Always can get one tab. Push harder and get two, but to get the third tab you have to stick a screw driver in and forcefully bend the third and sometimes second tab out. After all three tabs are outside of the light the housing appears to be slightly miss shaped. I have not tried soaping the surfaces yet to see if that helps. Also thought of using a blow dryer to warm up the plastic/rubber light fixture some. Anyone else had this problem?? Talked to Larson Lights and they say the light fixture has been exposed to sun and heat many years and probably has shrunk up some. The people at Larson Lights I feel are very helpful, honest and forthright. Product is a good value. They recommended the lubricant (soap). I know some of you have used these PAR-36 LED lights and wondered if you had problems and what you did. Thanks. Other than that the conversion went well and I think I will have somewhere around 17,900 lumens of light.

When I saw your post a day ago I wondered "what the heck are Larson Lights"?

Not wanting to come across as a total dummy I didn't ask.

But now we are sliding into Wednesday without a reply to your post about "Larson lights".

So, PLEASE do tell, what the heck are
"Larson lights"?

LarsenLights is a company that supplies LED lights for agricultural equipment. My invoice says their location is Wahpeton, North Dakota. But their website says Fergus Falls, Minnesota. I had improperly spelled Larsen in my original post. Larsen is spelled with an e and not an o. From my research they offer high quality LED lights at a reasonable price. Also, the lights in many cases are specific for a given brand and model of tractor or combine.

Your going to love the light output of those. Makes a big difference. Have one tractor completely out fitted and want to do the others soon. As for your issues, are the rubber housings original? I had to replace some of mine and went aftermarket and they are junk and been returned. I could install rubber onto housing, no issue or I could install bulb into housing, no issue. But I could not install rubber onto housing then install bulb. Having it mounted distorted the rubber enough that it would not accept the bulb properly.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back