Late In oil breather tube?

Ehud

I have the breather tube coming out of the block, then the tube in the picture, then the cap. The threaded stem had a piece of rubber hose running to the ground. I don't see any place for the rubber tube to connect and I haven't found it in any books/pictures. Did someone bypass the breather cap? The breather cap is to small for the tube coming out of the block. Maybe someone scavenged it off another tractor? It wouldn't be the first part I found that didn't belong on this tractors. What is the proper inside diameter of the oil breather tube?

Thank you all for the help!
mvphoto42628.jpg

(quoted from post at 18:34:41 09/14/19) I have the breather tube coming out of the block, then the tube in the picture, then the cap. The threaded stem had a piece of rubber hose running to the ground. I don't see any place for the rubber tube to connect and I haven't found it in any books/pictures. Did someone bypass the breather cap? The breather cap is to small for the tube coming out of the block. Maybe someone scavenged it off another tractor? It wouldn't be the first part I found that didn't belong on this tractors. What is the proper inside diameter of the oil breather tube?

Thank you all for the help!
mvphoto42628.jpg

That is an original tube that had been farmerized. The pipe nipple was added by someone.

TOH

That's what I was thinking. It would have taken less time to clean the breather than bypass it though so I had to check.

Thank yiu

The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!

Tractor probably had smoke coming out of the breather tube and
someone added the pipe and hose to divert it

I remember a post or a series of posts
where a guy with quite a bit of blow-by
added a hose from that vent tube to the
air cleaner or maybe the inlet tube to
the carburator - like a pcv affair and
pulled the smoke back into the engine.

(quoted from post at 21:24:25 09/14/19) The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!

I guess he had a lot more work to do if he wanted speed from an N.

(quoted from post at 02:03:12 09/15/19) I remember a post or a series of posts
where a guy with quite a bit of blow-by
added a hose from that vent tube to the
air cleaner or maybe the inlet tube to
the carburator - like a pcv affair and
pulled the smoke back into the engine.

That's what I initially thought but couldn't find anything they hooked it to.

(quoted from post at 23:24:25 09/14/19) The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!

"The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!"

Oh, good LORD, I mangled that, OBVIOUSLY should be "road draft tube", and "crankcase" autocorrected to "crankiness"! :roll:

(quoted from post at 15:12:20 09/15/19)
(quoted from post at 23:24:25 09/14/19) The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!

"The P.O. musta been a "hot rodder" and installed a "toad draft tube" to carry away crankiness fumes "at speed"!"

Oh, good LORD, I mangled that, OBVIOUSLY should be "road draft tube", and "crankcase" autocorrected to "crankiness"! :roll:
...and here I am, thinking Bob is a mean old f%#t trying to kill poor little toads! :twisted:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back