LED Headlights

ctyanmar-HT

New User
Hi folks, I recently purchased a nice Yanmar 165D and I would like to upgrade the old incandescent headlights to LED's for better brightness snow plowing at night. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the LED replacement bulbs available on Ebay and does it make a big enough difference in terms of brightness. I know Hoye Tractor had produced retrofit kits for some models but not the 165. The old headlights measure 4.5" by 3" and I have searched the internet for any utility LED's that size but cannot find anything to do my own retrofit. I also do not want to just mount auxiliary lights on top of the hood as I would like to keep the original look of the tractor. Any advice would be appreciated-thanks!

This is going to sound a little sloppy, but I also wanted LED headlights and wanted to retain the original look of my tractor. I couldn't find a direct fit, so I found some bulbs that were close and put silicone adhesive all around them. That was five years ago and they haven't given me a problem yet.

I installed those Ebay LED bulbs into my oem yanmar headlight housings. Very nice bright white lighting, as opposed to the oem bulbs yellow lighting color. They provide more of a flood light pattern, not a long range spot light beam pattern. Nice upgrade for the cost. I like them a lot. I've run them for 3 years. I also use them mostly during snowplowing season to see and be seen.

Hi folks, just wanted to thank you for the responses. I did end up getting the LED's off of Ebay and most say I am very happy with their brightness versus the old incandescent bulbs-Thanks again!

Mr Winston,
I ve seen people asking about headlight bezel's for there headlights. I was just thinking about making a mold and pouring it with aluminum. 1st thoughts would be cost and a bezel to make the form out of, I was looking around a bit and it looks like the same bezel fits a fair amount of differant model yanmars. then of course finding the right paint to Stick to it or powder coat?
It would prob be hard to keep the mold true to the bezel form, then some shaping.
Was wondering if you have ever thought about trying this idea? Thank you

<QUOTE author="Bennyhill"><s>
</s>Mr Winston,
I ve seen people asking about headlight bezel's for there headlights. I was just thinking about making a mold and pouring it with aluminum. 1st thoughts would be cost and a bezel to make the form out of, I was looking around a bit and it looks like the same bezel fits a fair amount of differant model yanmars. then of course finding the right paint to Stick to it or powder coat?
It would prob be hard to keep the mold true to the bezel form, then some shaping.
Was wondering if you have ever thought about trying this idea? Thank you<e>
/e></QUOTE>

Nope, that would be way over my head. https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/HLed-4155.htm

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back