Life comes at you fast........

caleb

Member
Well friends its been a looooonnngggggg week. For thos that remember I was looking at buying a mobile home a month or so ago. I let that deal go and both parties were happy leaving. My bride to be and I kept looking and found a 3b3b house thats 3years old on 5acres for 5grand more than the trailer was. Needless to say we loved it, put an offer in and we officially closed on it today! I am really excited. Then my mom calls me and says that grandma isnt doing to well. She's been suffering with melonoma for about eight months now and as many know the treatment might be worse than the disease sometimes. Anyway I celebrated my 24th bday tuesday and mom was really stressed because gma had fallen trying to get out of the car on her own. She bruised her rear but was otherwise okay. Then wednesday she fell trying to move around in her room without her walker and hurt her thigh and knee. Mom tried and tried to get her to stop moving around without help or her walker but at 83 she didnt want to stop. Lastnight around 530am she fell on the way to the front part of our house and the our housekeeper heard it and awoke. She was on the floor in a puddle of blood from a head injury. Mom called ambulance and they took her to the hospital. Mom said that she was concious when they found her and mom asked her what was she doing up and she said that she was folliwing the man, mom told her there was no man but she insisted there was one. Around 730am at the hospital with my mom by her side she fell asleep so my mom thought. She is in a coma and has internal bleeding in her brain and has brain damage. She has requested in her will that she not be put on life support and that her body be donated for cancer research. Im saddened that I cannot be there now but I know my family can handle it. I just ask that you pray she go peacefully and thank God for giving us the lives that we have had. She was very happy with her life and I know that she will no longer be suffering and that makes me happy amidst the tears. As a human though its hard to let loved one go because we tend to be so selfish and want them to stay but I believe that when they are no longer suffering and have moved onto the better place its an injustice to them to sulk forever. Mourn first then rejoice the lives they lived. I just wish she could have been at my wedding in May but Im a lot happier knowing that she wont suffer and that she will have the best seat in the church, the one right behind God. Sorry it was so long but I see yall as the best friends that you seldom get a chance to talk to. Thanks for reading and I hope that this finds every one of you well. Caleb
 
Your Grandma is in God's hands now. If he decides to take her he will. At 83 she had a good life. You have all the memories of your Grandma, and they will be with you forever. Glad you found a house for the both of you. Hang in there better times are ahead. Stan
 
I lost my sister in law to the same disease,She had a very painful time. Her bones just started to break for no reason.She was a very religious person. We all tried to ask God all the why's because she was only 57 years old then.I lost my brother last year and I know they are together now and tho I miss them, I dont feel sad for them Heres a poem I learned in school 45 yrs ago Sometimes I cannot seem to see,- the wisdom of Gods way. And yet, I trust His loving hands - to guide me through the day. - Tho darkest shadows fall about,to make my path obscure, - One thing I know God holds my hand -of His dear care I'm sure. - I feel His presence always near,-together we shall stand.-and faith shall be my strong support-,because God holds my hand. [HOPE YOU FIND COMFORT IN THIS AS I DID. PRAYERS TO YOU AND FAMILEY] Jim H sw pa
 
:(

Caleb:

That's alot in one week for anyone to handle. Good luck with the house. Even if you have to fix things up once in a while, it all helps to build equity in the end. I bought my place for the price of the land. I should have torn down the "debris" as one appraiser called it. We hardly had enough money to make it liveable. We elected to fix it and did everything to code. Here I am still working on it 30 years later but it's "home".

Life is full of happy and sad moments and you have had both this week. Take care of the living and make sure your folks are safe. God has a way of handling things when we are all too stubborn to give in. I can attest to that first hand when I was stopped right in my tracks with a heart attack two weeks into my 40th bday. I was working ridiculously long hours trying to get things done at work and home . . . I thought I could do it all and was pretty runned down. That event sure gave me a new lease and view on life . . . Sounds like your G-ma was quite active in her day and maybe in her mind thought she was still able to get around like she was half her age. You don't dare stop them since they still need to feel "able" and "useful". Your Mom tried to keep her safe and that is really all you can do. I always said that God will not take you one second before your time. These next few days or weeks will be tough on your folks too. Take care of them.

We pray for your family at this time and hope things work out.

Take care.

Bob (in PA)
 
Hey there Caleb;
May the GOOD LORD keep all involved,
in the hollow of his mighty hand.
I know he is always near, and I know,
HE answers prayers. Bob
God Bless
 
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know it is not easy when illness comes and the reality of losing a grandparent is very real.
I am very glad to hear about your house situation. You have patience and good judgment, both of which are not often seen in today's society. It's nice to see how well it paid off for you!
Keep us posted on how things progress in your future, but for now, best wishes in all circumstances.
 
Be strong for your family and help them through it. Cherish the good memories and pray for her to find peace. In the end all we really have is our friends and family and our good name. I'll bet Gram would scold you for being sad for her. I know mine would have. May God bless you and yours and help you through this difficult time.
 
Caleb, you sound like a very thoughtful and caring person. My prayers are for you and your family and your grandma.

Sometimes I think it's better for our old folks to meet their maker a little early because they were too active for their own good, than to see them sit around and be unhappy and live a little longer. I really do think they know when it's their time to go.

Congratulations on the new house and acreage. That first big step is a hard one, but if you don't make that first big stride you'll never learn how to walk right. Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top