Lincoln Weldanpower 225

I have a Lincoln Weldanpower 225 with a B&S 16 hp motor, I m certain the rod is broke. Ive been trying to separate motor from welder and having a whale of a time doing so. Does the shaft from the motor just slide into welder side or am I missing an Allen head bolt or some other type of keeper that keeps motor attached? The welder has been in the weather on the side of a service truck for years. I m thinking the rust has just welded the shaft in place. But any information would be great!

To confirm Tramway Guy, most engines on welders have tapered shaft. So you should just be able to get everything loose, give the shaft a whack, and it should all come loose very easily. You can get replacement engines with tapered shafts at Harbor Freight. I wouldn't mess with an engine with broken rod- you'll have more in it than replacement engine by the time you're done. BTDT.

IIRC there is an SAE tapered shaft for single bearing alternators that has a threaded end so you have to unscrew them.

I was warned that may take some doing on a 16 hp B & S

I have the operator, parts manuals for the Lincoln Weldanpower 225. As I rebuilt 2 a couple of years ago. If ya need manuals I can email them to you. also I have manual for the Briggs engine.

email is open

I also have the a drawing and measurements of the taper shaft of the engine used on the Weldapower welder.

Its not a simple straight forward procedure. And I will inform ya, you CANNOT use any Briggs or any other engine with a tapered shaft as Lincoln has a special tapered shaft that only they use!! You'll have to use the crankshaft out of the engine that came off OR find another engine that came off of a Lincoln welder. The rotor assembly is a press fit on the tapered crankshaft, it takes a larger puller and patients to remove it from engine. You can break it, then you are in a lot of trouble, as I don't know if Lincoln makes it anymore.

(quoted from post at 23:12:42 05/02/20) Lincoln does not use a threaded tapered crankshaft on the Weldnpower.
That was precisely what it was, a tapered shaft and the bolt ran all the way from cooling fan at front of welder, through center of welder into end of the crankshaft.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back