little help

Ricey06

Member
I have a CIH 4240 MFD w/ a Koyker 345 loader & an old IH 540 moldboard plow? The cylinder on the plow is a single action. I unhooked the bucket roll line and hooked onto the plow line. Now i can't lower the tail wheel but all four movements on the loader still work? No leaks? Why won't the plow cyl. work & why are all loader actions working? Thank You Jeff
 
You need a single acting control valve for a single acting cylinder. You could wreck something. Did you only unhook one side of the bucket cylinders? They have to be getting oil under pressure to work. The plow would block off the hydraulic flow which would make the other cylinder on the loader work to move the bucket. Do you have a seperate control valve for the loader? Does it have a 2 spool valve with a common inlet line? There is no way the bucket cylinders would work if the line was disconnected unless you had hydraulic self levelling. You need to talk to a dealer or good hydraulic shop before you dead head your pump. Expensive! Dave
 
I'm not a farmer, just own a little land so I don't know all the tractor terminology. I'm going to say I don't have a seperate control valve for the loader( mid SCV w/ joystick?)I do have two rear remotes( 4 quick dis-connects?)The loader has 4 color coded hyd. lines 1. raise loader 2.lower loader 3. tilt bucket & 4. dump bucket. I disconnected the dump bucket line & used it for the plow's hyd ? The plow came w/ a JD style male end connect, I changed it to IH male. Tried to get the air out of the lineby slowly re-filling w/ fuild ,I think I got most if not all the air out? Thanks Jeff
 
That tractor should have closed center hydraulics though and it should work. Do you have BOTH lines to the bucket unhooked? You need to,otherwise you are pressurizing one line when you try to go down with the plow.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top