Anonymous-0
Well-known Member
I put live hydraulics on a 51 JD B along with a char lynn power steering set up. I hooked it into a power trol hydraulics on the back of the tractor using as the reservior and the rock shaft to use with the 3 point to lift my finishing mower. I t-d them together by the live pump ran by the governor and distubor. The power trol was plumbed corectly, from what i was told. I also removed upper gear in the orginal pump. a friend who is a JD partsman and also knows the old JD's quite well thought that was what had to do when he did it to one of his back a few years ago. Mine didn't work. I read on the webb that a blocking plate was needed and yet never seen one or on e-bay for sale, yet the rest of the parts available. JD offered it in a kit, now no longer available. It apparently went between the power trol and the rock shaft. Do I need this,and or whatelse do I need to do? Thanks