Loader on Massey Super 90

logger536

Hello all, working on my first Massey Ferguson tractor, have several old fords, but needed something bigger. My question is this: I have a Freeman 4000 loader mounted on the tractor, and I want to run it
off the tractor hydraulics. I know it will be slow, but we're using it more as a forklift than a loader. I have a dedicated loader tractor already, just need something bigger for moving things. I have
the factory 2 remote valves that I can quick couple into, or am I better off tapping into the supply and return lines to the remote valves. I have the original valve bank that came with the loader, and
originally planned on just tapping into the remote lines, but after looking at it, should I just use the remote valves?
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

Missed adding a pic.
cvphoto116341.jpg

I can't answer for your valve situation. I can say it will be pretty slow. At 1000 RPM my front mount pump moves around 10 GPM. It's pretty slow. Do you know what your pump puts out?

Stan

Im not sure what would happen if you tried to tap into the lines and use the valve that came with it but I do know that the left valve on the double control also runs the 3pt. If you use that and the right lever, Im not sure if the 3pt will have to operate first and then the loader of if it might be the other way around. If you could find a third lever for that valve, you would be in good shape. You just take the side of and bolt the valve on in its place making it a triple lever with two sets of couplers on the back and then one to control 3pt. If you arent using the 3pt, then this might not matter to you.

Spencer, I was just out looking at it again, tapping into the supply line won't work as I'm thinking since the remote is open center, the fluid will bypass the T and just flow through the valve. I may just quick couple into the remotes and see how it works. I'll try and find a 3rd valve which was an accessory, but I'm guessing it maybe hard to find. Did they use them on any other models that you are aware of?

That type of valve would fit on most any Massey of that time period. Probably from the 35 clear through the 85 and Super 90 for sure and I know it would have fit on the 100 series but they also started changing them around that time. We found the third lever and hoses at a salvage yard. Didnt take much to get it off and figured it would be good to have in case we ever get a loader for the tractor.

I'm kind of guessing, but at 600 Rpm my pump moves 5.8 GPM. I'm not sure it would even lift anything. I have a 102 that looks a lot like your loader.

Does your loader have an in frame tank? Could you use an external PTO driven pump?

It may or may not be right, but TractorData shows 4.5 GPM for the Super 90 hydraulics. Those appear to be fair size diameter cylinders, so at less than 5 GPM flow it will be slow loader.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back