Massey Ferguson 175 Freeman 4000 loader brackets

Nick Sch

New User
I bought a 1972 Massey Ferguson 175 with a Freeman 4000 loader on it. I don’t if they’re supposed to be brackets that go from the transmission housing to the loader but this loader seems like it flexes a lot. If there are supposed to be where could I buy them from or if someone has some pictures of them I could fabricate them. If anybody has any information on these loaders or any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
IMG_3368.png
IMG_3367.jpeg
IMG_3366.jpeg

What I've seen in most cases is a bracket bolted under the clutch housing. It bots on with the four bolts that hold the inspection hole cover plate. That bracket more or less spans the distance between the loader support frames. Usually U shaped piece of formed steel plate. Then some pieces of 3/8 or 1/2 steel on each end bolted to corresponding pieces welded to the frame supports. You can probably make one from a piece of channel iron and some flat bar.

I bought a 1972 Massey Ferguson 175 with a Freeman 4000 loader on it. I don’t if they’re supposed to be brackets that go from the transmission housing to the loader but this loader seems like it flexes a lot. If there are supposed to be where could I buy them from or if someone has some pictures of them I could fabricate them. If anybody has any information on these loaders or any help would be appreciated.
ThanksView attachment 6958View attachment 6959View attachment 6960
Do a web search for "Freeman 4000 manual". It should bring up a parts manual for the 2000, 3000, 3500, and 4000 Freeman loaders located on another popular (N) tractor site. A link to that site is not allowed here. The manual has the mounting components for many tractors, including the MF175. I scanned through it and did not see a cross bar, like the MF/Davis Loaders had under the clutch housing.

What I've seen in most cases is a bracket bolted under the clutch housing. It bots on with the four bolts that hold the inspection hole cover plate. That bracket more or less spans the distance between the loader support frames. Usually U shaped piece of formed steel plate. Then some pieces of 3/8 or 1/2 steel on each end bolted to corresponding pieces welded to the frame supports. You can probably make one from a piece of channel iron and some flat bar.
should have a cross beam under the bell housing

It does look like there are bolt bosses on both the loader frame and the tractor. Why not just fabricate a set to bolt on both sides? Or a cross member using the existing mount holes? Some other pics I found had quick-attach mounts on those tranny bolt bosses.

I agree with the previous poster, there should be a cross piece on the bottom of the loader. I do not think it attaches to the tractor. My Freeman on a MF 65 has a piece across the top, which was missing, and I had to fabricate one. I think the original on mine had clearance to open the hood, the fabricated one requires removal. I was always going to put one on the bottom.

I thought there should have been a bracket connecting the sides together but wasn’t 100% sure I didn’t want add one till I ask around. Thanks for the help.

I thought there should have been a bracket connecting the sides together but wasn’t 100% sure I didn’t want add one till I ask around. Thanks for the help.
There is not a lower bracket shown for a MF in the Freeman parts book I mentioned. Just saying, add one if you wish. It appears the frame attached at the front and at the rear axles spanning the center of the tractor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back