Locating serial # of a JD 4440 if SN tag is AWOL

Tx Jim

Anyone know of a method to determine the serial # of a 4440 if engine & SGB serial #s are known? I attempting to help someone on another discussion forum. Does JD 2 cylinder club reveal later model tractor information for $$$$$? Thanks, Jim

I can't help you with the serial number, but the I know the Two-Cylinder club researches New Generation tractors at least. I'm afraid I don't know if they'd do a 4440 though. You could try contacting them and asking.

Two Cylinder Club may have the files on hand but after the 30 series the ship registers were digital and not paper books. If you want the number there would be a $60 fee and the wait of 16 weeks the woman @ 2 cyl is claiming it takes to do the research.

Normally there's a serial # tag on rear of 4440 to the right & above rear pto but I guess the rivets came out & tag got lost(removed). I thought 2 cylinder club was a possible serial # source.
Thanks, Jim

There should be a tag above the door for the cab serial number. Is there any way to cross that number
to the tractor serial number? Just asking.

The injection pump might still have an ID tag on it.

If all three tags have been removed from the chassis, engine and cab is there is a chance that it is stolen property?

(quoted from post at 23:56:52 12/13/23) There should be a tag above the door for the cab serial number. Is there any way to cross that number
to the tractor serial number? Just asking.

I stated in my first sentence that engine & SGB serial # were available. Tractor owner even sent them to me. Local JD dealer service manager told me he didn't think JD headquarters would be much help getting correct seral #.

This is a stretch, but google Voelker Brothers in Big Rapids Michigan and give them a call. They were
a single location dealer and were one of the last in the state to be forced to sell out. They moved
next door in to a brand new building and do more business than their old dealership does. They know
Deere inside and out. If anybody could get a serial number from the cab number, my money would be on
them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back