Look what followed me home today

Tom in Mo.

1958 Ford 961 with real nice spinouts, remotes and many new parts. Runs like a top. The (deceased) previous owner new what he was doing with the old girl and took good care of her.

mvphoto40191.jpg

mvphoto40192.jpg

mvphoto40193.jpg

Congratulations! The best looking tractor ever built.

And those power adjust rims are a nice bonus.

mvphoto40197.jpg

on

Nice looking tractor in it's original dress. Am betting it is newer than 1958. Serial number and model number are stamped in the transmission behind and above the starter.

To WayneIA the number is 44082 and Showcrop I agree 100% this is the best looking tractor made.
I've had two 960's but both wide front. This is the one i've been waiting for a long time.
The only drawback is the bald Firestones but they still hold air!

Notice the farm repair on the top starter bolt and I haven't figured out how this 3 wire Delco is charging with only one wire?

mvphoto40230.jpg

mvphoto40231.jpg

mvphoto40232.jpg

mvphoto40233.jpg

Great looking row crop Tom. Somebody went to alot of extra work with that repair to the starter bolt. Drilling a slightly larger hole for a helicoil would have been easier lol. The one wire alternator charges just fine when wired correctly. I've done the 12V conversion on two of my Fords with the single wire with no problems.

Nice looking 961, Tom.

With some BS & Ts, it could look like Showcrop's spectacular one.

Dean

I would speculate that it has been repainted. A 44082 SN should have a "961" decal. And somebody "stole" the power steering!!!

WayneIA,

You're the one that said "Nice looking tractor in it's original dress." No one else has argued one way or the other as to whether it was the original paint job.

Not wanting to be argumentive. Just stating what I perceived as a fact. See my later reply. I don't think my first inclinations are always correct.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back